Using Your OH Card
Topping up your OH Card couldn’t be easier. You can use the following methods:
- At any Post Office® Branch
- At any PayPoint outlet
- Via bank transfer or standing order (directly from a bank account)
To use the Post Office® Branch to load your card, please hand over your card and ask them to swipe through their till. They will then ask how much you would like to load. There is a £1.00 charge to load your card in this way and funds are normally loaded onto your card the next business day but it may take up to 48 hours for your card to be credited. To find your nearest Post Office® Branch, click here.
To use a Paypoint outlet, hand over some cash and your card and they will be able to load it for you. Please note that a charge of 3% applies to loading done in this way but funds are credited to your card immediately. All fees will be deducted from your cards balance. To find your nearest PayPoint outlet, click here.
You can also load money on to your card from a bank account, using bank transfer or standing order. A standing order instruction for your bank is available here. If you want to have your wages paid regularly on to your card, please fill in a wage transfer request form and give it to your employer. If you want to make a one off home banking transfer, please use the account and reference information found below. Topping up like this is free.
|Account Name:||NBS Re: Quantum|
|Reference:||Your 16 digit card number (beginning 5195)|
Once we receive funds from you, these will normally be credited within 2 hours once received during the business day (M-F 9-5:30). Topping up like this is £1.00.
It is important that you know what your balance is to avoid any embarrassing situations at the checkout! There are three ways you can do it:
- On the web site – It’s free!
- Call customer services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on 0871 288 0373*
- To check your balance using your mobile phone, just text BALANCE XXXX (where XXXX is the last 4 digits of the card number on the front of your card) to 80800. Your card balance will then be returned to you by text. There is no cost to use this service but use will be monitored and will be withdrawn if abused. The mobile phone you use must have the same number as used on your OH card application. If your phone number changes or you didn’t include a mobile phone on your application, please contact us from the "your details" section of the account maintenance functions.
*Calls cost 10p per minute including VAT from a fixed BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Please seek permission from whoever pays the bill before calling.
Card to Card Money Share***
If you share money with friends or family in the UK or abroad regularly, then you can make this money available to them using your OH Card.
After you receive your card, you need to order an additional secondary OH Card from the website or via customer services. When you receive this, you can post this secondary card abroad* to the person you want to share money with.
After that, all you have to do is load money on to your own card, and then decide, how much money you would like to make available to the person you sent the secondary card to. The person with the secondary card can then spend the money in the normal way, or withdraw it from an ATM machine anywhere in the world where MasterCard is accepted.
You can only have one secondary card on your account.
Please note: Local laws in India mean that you may not send secondary cards to India for the purposes of sharing money
You can share money with your secondary card in two ways and it costs £1.50:
- On the web site
- Call customer services on 0871 288 0373*
*Calls cost 10p per minute including VAT from a fixed BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary. Please seek permission from whoever pays the bill before calling. Customer service staff are on hand M-F 9am-5:30pm excluding bank holidays, automated services e.g. balance enquiry are available 24/7.
There is a flat rate charge of £1.50 to share money between your cards, regardless of the amount. We think you will find that using OH to share money with people who live abroad is very cost effective.
Your Prepaid MasterCard Card provides security and peace of mind.**
MasterCard is a global network and can be used at over 28 million merchants in over 60 countries.
Your OH Card bears the MasterCard Brand Mark which means you're all set for the following benefits:
- One card for shopping and ATMs.
- Access your own funds (directly from your prepaid account).
- Safe alternative to carrying a lot of cash.
- Keeps track of spending. You get a receipt when you pay and a detailed listing of every purchase on your online statement (including date, place, and amount).
- Lets you shop everywhere you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark
Discover all the different places around the world that welcome MasterCard Prepaid cards for payment of purchases.
Whether you're shopping in Hong Kong or taking a trip across Europe, your Prepaid Card displaying the MasterCard Brand Mark enables you to pay for purchases directly from your OH Card. You can also use your card to pay for a train ticket, a ski lift ticket in France, buy stamps at the post office, or to watch the animals at the San Diego Zoo.